If you are like me, you’re always on the look out for healthy snack options for yourself and your kids. My son is ravenous when he comes home from school at 3pm (this must be something to do with the fact that his school has lunch at 11am!) and if I have healthy treats on hand, he gets a nutritious snack and I’m a happy mama. I made these protein bites for a party this weekend and everyone – adults and kids alike – just loved them. The recipe is so easy and adaptable. You can add in any nut or seed butter depending on preferences and allergies and add extra ingredients and toppings too. Enjoy!
▪ 1 cup peanut butter, almond butter, sunflower seed butter or any nut or seed butter.
▪ 2/3 cup raw runny honey
▪ 1/2 cup ground flax or 1/2 cup shredded raw coconut
▪ 1 1/2 cups gluten free oats
▪ 1 cup vanilla protein powder (I love Shaklee 180 powder)
▪ Organic dark chocolate chips
Other options for toppings: sunflower seeds, dried pineapple bits or cherries, or roll in raw shredded coconut.
Mix nut butter and honey together in bowl. Add in all the other extra ingredients. Roll into 1 inch balls. Press down on a plate until slightly flattened. Press a chocolate chip into the middle of each cookie. Refrigerate or keep at room temperature.